Ted Spader's Resume
THEODORE JAMES SPADER R.Ph B.S.
Pharmacy, M.S. Pharmacy Administration
NAME: Theodore James Spader
• Graduate Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Masters Degree in Pharmacy Administration, December 1994.
• Seminar/training sessions in consulting pharmacy, Newark N.J. October 1987
Certified Consultant Pharmacist
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy, June 1978 Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
• Associate Degree, Science, June 1974 Ulster County Community College
PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) trainer for NCAP in North Carolina Conducted Study on dispensing errors, October 1993. Teaching assistant for Dr. David Work, Executive Director, North Carolina Board of Pharmacy
Presentation- Seminar on the Clinton Administration vs. The PMA: Conflict or Compromise. October, 1992
Researched and developed initial survey for COPD study through UNC and Glaxo. - Worked with Dr. J. Mackowiak, G. Boyer and a team of students. - Developed questionnaire, administered surveys and reported results to Glaxo.
Enrolled in the Graduate School at UNC in Pharmacy Administration under Dr. Joseph Norwood -
Pursuing studies in FDA relations, managed care, dispensing error studies, pharmacoeconomics and R & D marketing techniques.
Presentation of lectures and seminars to the public sector on various pharmacy related topics.
Member North Carolina Association of Pharmacists
Drug Topics Pharmacist of the Year, Eckerd Drug Mid- Atlantic Pharmacist of the year. District Manager with Eckerd in 1998.
Member Wake County and North Carolina Pharmaceutical Association Peer review
coordinator for ECQUIP risk management program Preceptor for UNC and Campbell
School of Pharmacy Member, American Society of Hospital Pharmacists, Somerville, N.J. 1987.
Member, American Pharmaceutical Association; Board Member, Mercer County Pharmaceutical, Association, 1985.
Pharmacist., Kerr Drugs/Eckerd Drugs Rite Aid, Raleigh, N.C. 7/88 to present
Pharmacist, Somerset Medical Center, Somerville, N.J. 9/87 to 7/88
President, Ringoes Pharmacy Inc., Ringoes, N.J. 3/82 to 9/87
Pharmacist/Manager, Thrift Drug, Trenton, N.J. 7/78 to 3/82
• MTM Specialist---Medication Therapy Management Specialist for Humana/ NC Medicaid . Review medication profiles, perform DUR intervention and suggest optional therapies to physician
• Registered Pharmacist—Kerr Drugs/Eckerd Drug/Rite Aid—From 7/88 to Present—Raleigh, N.C. Integrated dispensing activities, patient counseling, inventory control, clerical updates, bookkeeping procedures, public presentations and continuing education. Continuous reconciliation of all third party payments. Formulated contracts with Wake Internal Medicine to provide surgical and medical supplies. Spent 1 year as Pharmacy District Manager in Greensboro.
• Registered Pharmacist—Somerset Medical Center—From 9/87 to 7/88~Somerville, N.J. Performed duties including quality control assessment, IV preparation, professional consultations, unit dose preparation, independent research and patient interviews. Restructured layout of pharmacy for more efficient use of space. Developed and printed I. V. dosing and compatibility chart for admixture department.
• Owner/Manager/Pharmacist—Ringoes Pharmacy Inc.—From 3/82 to 9/87~Ringoes, N.J. President and manager of community pharmacy. Established a $1.5 million business devoted to serving the public, providing quality pharmaceutical care and accounting for all business transactions. Initiated contracts with all major third-
party payers, including the newly formed HMO of N.J. Integrated cost-efficient work schedule with CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) management techniques.
• Manager/Asst. Manager/Chief Pharmacist- Thrift Drugs-From 7/78 to 3/82- Trenton, N.J. Supervised chain retail pharmacy in all aspects of business. Complete store management. Assistant manager within 3 months of licensing at Store 114 in Mercerville, N.J. Manager of Store 93 in Trenton, N.J. for 2 + years.